do you regret not studying abroad

Best answer People who don't seize the chance to study or work abroadrisk regretting it later in lifesuggests a poll from the British Council. Only 21% of those surveyed had lived abroad for six months or more. Of the remaining 79% more than a third

Best answer


People who don’t seize the chance to study or work abroadrisk regretting it later in lifesuggests a poll from the British Council. Only 21% of those surveyed had lived abroad for six months or more. Of the remaining 79% more than a third said they thought they would have had better job prospects had they done so.

People also ask


  • What are your study abroad regrets?

  • Read on to learn top study abroad regrets from those who’ve done it. 1. I should have let loose earlier. Many people said they stayed in their comfort zone for too long. Many built surrogate homes, only ventured within a few blocks of their housing, or shopped at the same place everyday.

  • Is study abroad worth it?

  • In the end, despite the setbacks, these alumni were convinced that study abroad is worth it. Every ounce of self awareness gained, resiliency tapped into, and lessons learned make all of the regrets manageable.

  • Should you be afraid of studying abroad?

  • The truth is that traveling can be scary. It is new, everything will seem foreign, and you may feel out of place for a while. But the other truth is that it is priceless in terms of self development, and there are many statistics out there to prove that studying abroad is nothing to be afraid of.

  • Is it possible to study abroad if you can’t speak English?

  • If you are simply terrified of speaking another language or it doesn’t interest you there are still plenty of English speaking destinations for study abroad.

    Leave a Reply